So its the end of my 10 days of oil pulling experiment. And here are my limited conclusions:
1) Gum infection is visibly reduced. I believe if I continue to do it, I should continue to see further improvements.
2) Possible healing crisis/detox symptoms? Am I on the road to further non-dental related improvements? This is hard to tell, especially just 10 days in.
3) Forming a new habit seem pretty easy, especially this one Set a goal, do it, repeat, remind yourself of goal. It was not to difficult to start and to continue this routine. The monetary and physical costs to doing this is simply so low.
4) Still feeling not 100% after a few days of being sick. There is a weird sore feeling in my throat.
5) Will be doing it for at least a month, and will update after 30 days.
6) Fun? Probably only on first and second day. Thereafter, it was just routine, nothing amazing, nothing exciting. What kept me going was the possibility of better dental health and in a small likelihood, a better overall physical health as claimed by the proponents. 10 days is not enough to see this. It is not a miracle cure, nor is it a quick fix to solve your inherent problems. Just have to do it for a decent period of time in order to get a better conclusion.
So thats it, my 10 day skin in the game experiment.
Will I recommend it to others? I can’t say for sure. I’d like you to try and let me know the side effects, whether you suffered from any flu/sorethroat and came out the better because of oil pulling.
So thats it! Shall drop an update after 30 days!